|Carlos Munoz as he substitutes for Andretti Autosport driver EJ Viso in his DW12 for qualifications at the 2013 MAVTv 500, the final race of the IZOD IndyCar Series (helmet chin reads #Awake #Blessed #Grateful). Image Credit: Edmund Jenks (2013)|
Andretti Autosport driver Carlos Munoz pre-#TGPLB40 interview
Carlos Andrés Muñoz is a professional racing driver from Colombia. He currently resides in Miami. He currently drives for Andretti Autosport in the 2014 Verizon IndyCar Series.
We are here with Andretti Autosport's driver Carlos Munoz in a pre-race interview for the 40th edition of the Toyota Grand Prix Of Long Beach - Welcome Aboard!
(1) In a performance review, one notices that over the last two seasons in IndyLights, California has been pretty good to you with two wins at Auto Club Speedway with a 1st and a 5th at Long Beach - You've qualified P1 and won at Long Beach last year with the IndyLights series - Is there something about the track that benefits your driving style and sensibilities?
(2) Andretti Autosport has moved from Chevy-power to Honda-power - Given your brief and successful exposure to IndyCar last year, do you see any difference in the handling of the DW12 between the two power plants?
(3) A number of Colombians are now looking at the United States and IndyCar as a vehicle to top pro open wheel racing - how much does racing in Colombia prepare you for racing here in the United States?
(4) What made you decide to race in America as opposed to racing in Europe?
(5) How has racing under the Andretti Autosport banner changed your perception of what you are capable of achieving?
(6) Do you plan to do any Tudor United SportsCar Championship Prototype racing in 2014?
(7) Are you getting a fair amount of press in Colombia? Tell us more about your relationship with Juan Pablo Montoya.
FOOTNOTE UPDATE: Carlos Munoz finishes the race, after starting P6, on the podium at P3 behind Will Power at P2 and Mike Conway, who wins the TGPLB for a second time, at P1.
... notes from The EDJE